Thursday, February 17, 2011

A Doll's House Act 1 - Due Tuesday, February 22

Questions
1. Does Torvald think that Nora is responsible with money?
2. What has made Mrs. Linde’s life difficult since she last saw Nora?
3. Why did the Helmers travel to Italy for a year?
4. Why does Krogstad have the ability to blackmail Nora?
5. Is Torvald likely to listen to his wife and keep Krogstad employed at the bank?

Quotes:
"Yes - some day, perhaps, after many years, when I am no longer as pretty as I am now. Don't laugh at me! I mean, of course, when Torvald is no longer as devoted to me as he is now; when my dancing and dressing-up and reciting have palled on him then it may be a good thing to have something in reserve." 

"To be able to be free from care, quite free from care; to be able to play and romp with the children; to be able to keep the house beautifully and have everything just as Torvald likes it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment