SENIOR RESEARCH PAPER 2011-2012
This is your schedule and the requirements for your Research Paper.
1. Working Thesis Q2
2. 5 Sources with evaluations o 1/16 30 points
3. Rewrite thesis o 1/23 10 points
4. 5 Sources with evaluations o 1/30 30 points
5. Note check o 2/6 10 points
6. Annotated bibliography o 2/27 150 points
(Includes all sources and thesis)
End Q3 – 230 points total
7. Sentence Outline o 3/26 50 points
8. Teacher Meeting o Make appointment
9. Complete a First Draft o 4/2 100 points
First draft is rough. Although it must be complete, you may still have questions, and will want to make major revisions.
10. Peer Editing o In class 50 points
11. Complete a Final Draft o 4/20 200 points
12. Presentation o Make appointment 50 points
450 points total
All dates are final. Do not miss a due date. If you do not complete a step of the process, you will not be permitted to go on to the next step until you complete the missing step. Missing a date means a deduction of 50%, but only for that step.
· You must have 10 -15 sources
· You may use 1 general encyclopedia (specialized encyclopedias are different)
· You may have 2 web pages (print these, I will need a copy)
· You must have 2 book sources (check these out)
· You must have 3 periodicals (print or copy)
Your paper should be 7-10 pages.
If you stay up to date, and follow the directions given, you will do well. Please see me when you have questions. When you have a question:
- check our blog http://psmenglish4.blogspot.com/
- stop by my room after school
- e-mail me at email@example.com