- What was life like for Frederick on the plantation?
- Why was Frederick so happy to be leaving the plantation?
- Why did he particularly want to go to Baltimore?
- What relationship did his new master have to his old master?
- Why did Frederick, who was seven or eight, not know the month or year of his sailing?
- What were Frederick’s initial impressions of his new mistress, Mrs. Sophia Auld?
“I may be deemed superstitious, and even egotistical, in regarding this event as a special interposition of divine Providence in my favor” (p. 47).
CHAPTER V - 15 pts